Wichita Chamber Business Accelerator - Episode 36Oct 08, 2021
Wichita Chamber Business Accelerator
Episode 36 - Dawn Monroe Training
Sometimes your super-power just finds you. That’s what happened to Dawn Monroe as she began her first job out of college helping others learn how to use Word Perfect and Lotus. From there, she shares with Don and Ebony how she built her own technical education business, Dawn Monroe Training, from the ground up.
Dawn Monroe is a certified Microsoft Office Specialist Master (MOSM), Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE), Modern Classroom Certified Trainer (MCCT), Certified Virtual Educator (CVE) and a Certified Virtual Presenter (CVP) with a background of nearly 30 years in the technical training industry. Dawn teaches and consults on popular software applications like Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and many others, with corporate workshops, webinars and speaking engagements in her hometown of Wichita, KS, and around the United States. Dawn has a unique ability to translate technical concepts in a simplified, fun way, and empowers business professionals through ongoing skill development.
On this episode we discuss:
- What is an MOSM
- Starting with a desire to help others
- “Zoom”-ing through the pandemic
- Helping others to become more efficient with business tools
- How much Excel the average person actually uses
- Always having Charlie available in a pinch
- Where she has found a niche in the training industry
- How she engages with new potential markets
- Why personal learning drives her business forward
Dawn Monroe Training
Microsoft Office Specialist Master
239 S Pattie, Suite #2
Wichita, KS 67211
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE for more tips!
Join our mailing list to receive event schedules, articles and news.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.